FACTS: OBAMA-CARE 101 – Why Americans Oppose It
Posted by FactReal on July 2, 2009
Updated by FactReal on March 20, 2010 (This page will be updated as more info comes in)
LATEST: Congress will vote on Obamacare this Sunday, so Americans will be protesting:
- Tea Party Against ObamaCare in Washington, DC (videos, photos), more photos
URGENT: Americans to descend on Washington to stop ObamaCare – Saturday high noon, 3/20/2010, more information
St. Louis Tea Party Coalition Ups the Ante to Match Radicals In Washington
Miami to join national protest against ObamaCare – Saturday, 11am
|GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE: THE BAD NEWS
- Government-run Healthcare: Dead bodies left on ward for 8 hours in UK hospital
- Government-run Healthcare: UK’s medical records go online without consent
- Walgreens: no new Medicaid patients as of April 16
- Democrats bribe list to pass ObamaCare
- Less Breast Cancer Screening – Health Care Rationing Before Obamacare Becomes Law
- ObamaCare will cut $483 billion from Medicare (CBO, page 10) to finance the bill. Rations, anyone?
- Cuba’s medicine: Widespread practice of forced abortions as soon as there are any indications of problems with the fetus
- DemCare Bribe List
TOP 10 LIST WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE SENATE BILL (link)
|WHAT’S WRONG WITH THE HEALTH CARE BILLS
RECONCILIATION (March 2010)
- House “Reconciliation” Bill H.R.4872 (PDF)
- What’s wrong with bill HR4872 (CBO Estimate)
- Stupak Amendment Exposes Obamacare’s Dirty Little Secret: Eugenics
- CBO Figures Are Phony
- The Senate Health Care Bill Raises Health Care Costs, Kills Jobs, and Weakens the Economy
||Read the bill:
- Democrat Senator Reid finally released his proposed bill (12/19/2009)
Reid’s Managers’ Amendment, 383-pages: PDF
- An Analysis of the Senate Democrats’ Health Care Bill (Summary)
- Why is a Washington Takeover of Health Care Wrong for America??
|HARRY REID’S HEALTH CARE BILL (HR3590)|
|Read the bill:
- HR3590 Reid Health Care Bill (PDF) (2,074 pages)
Official title: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Related: Senate: Affordable Health Choices Act (Kennedy Bill)
DECONSTRUCTING PELOSI HEALTHCARE
This is a work-in-progress report…it will be updated as we know more:
• Heritage: It will Cost $2.6 Trillion
• CBO: New House Health Bill Spending Estimate, $3 Trillion over 10 Years
• AP: Pelosi healthcare will cost more than $1.2 trillion
|New Government Powers (WSJ)
• Sec. 59b (pp. 297-299) says that when you file your taxes, you must include proof that you are in a qualified plan. If not, you will be fined thousands of dollars. Illegal immigrants are exempt from this requirement.
• Sec. 224 (p. 118) provides that 18 months after the bill becomes law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services will decide what a “qualified plan” covers and how much you’ll be legally required to pay for it. That’s like a banker telling you to sign the loan agreement now, then filling in the interest rate and repayment terms 18 months later.
• JAIL TIME & PENALTY: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail: as explained by the letter from the Joint Committe on Taxation (PDF) and handwritten note
(H/t: IUSB vision, Politico, Drudge 11/6/09)
U.S. CODE TITLE 26 – INTERNAL REVENUE CODE:
New Tax Hikes (Americans for Tax Reform (ATR))
• Individual Mandate Surtax (Page 296): about 2.5% of gross income
• Medicine Cabinet Tax (Page 324) for Non-prescription medications
• Excise Tax on Medical Devices (Page 339)
• $2500 Cap on Flexible Spending Accounts (Page 325): (currently uncapped)
• 20% additional tax on Non-Qualified HSA Distributions (Page 326)
• Surtax on Individuals and Small Businesses (Page 336): This would raise the top marginal tax rate in 2011 from 39.6% under current law to 45%—a new effective top rate.
• Denial of Tax Deduction for Employer Health Plans Coordinating with Medicare Part D (Page 327):
This would further erode private sector participation in delivery of Medicare services.
• 1099-MISC forms to be issued to corporations as well as persons for trade, exchange of property or business payments (Page 344)
• Up to 8% Employer Mandate Excise Tax (Page 275)
• Delays for 9 years the Worldwide Allocation of Interest (a corporate tax relief) (Page 345)
• Increases taxes on U.S. employers with overseas operations looking to avoid double taxation of earnings (Page 346)
• Empowers the IRS to disallow a perfectly legal tax deduction (Page 349)
• Raises standards on penalties on Publicly-traded partnerships and corporations with annual gross receipts in excess of $100 million (Page 357)
More negative items (GOP, Mike Pence)
• RAISES TAXES ON MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES
• MASSIVE CUTS TO MEDICARE BENEFITS FOR SENIORS
• NO PROTECTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES ON 8% PENALTY
• INCREASES THE COST OF HEALTH INSURANCE:
New $2 billion tax on insurance policies will be passed on to patients, changes to the Medicare.
• USES GIMMICKS TO HIDE BUDGET-BUSTING COST, PILES UP DEBT ON FUTURE GENERATIONS. Democrats have simply swept costly provisions under the rug, including the $245 billion ‘doc fix.’
• IMPOSES JOB-KILLING EMPLOYER MANDATES
According to the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), the nation’s largest small business association, an employer mandate of this magnitude will disproportionately impact small businesses, triggering up to 1.6 million lost jobs. Two-thirds of those jobs would be shed by small businesses.
• FAVORS GOVERNMENT-RUN INSURANCE COMPANY
The bill provides billions in start-up funding for the government-run plan, and while it requires the plan to repay the money over time it does not require the plan to pay interest on this “loan.” This interest-free, taxpayer-subsidized loan is potentially worth millions of dollars and tilts the playing field in favor of the government-run plan.
• THREATENS CASH-STRAPPED STATES WITH UNFUNDED MANDATES by expanding Medicaid eligibility. Medicaid is financed through a federal-state partnership, but the bill dumps nearly 10% of the mandated expansion included in the bill onto the states.
• CREATES A NEW MONSTROSITY IN THE TAX CODE
Starting in 2011, Speaker Pelosi’s health care bill imposes a 5.4% tax on adjusted gross income above $500,000 for individuals ($1 million for married couples). Yet, the dollar amounts for which the tax kicks in are not indexed for inflation.
• WILL NOT REDUCE FRIVOLOUS LAWSUITS
HOUSE HEALTH CARE BILL (H.R.3200)
-Government to mandate End of Life counseling & treatment (aka “Advance Care Planning Consultation”) on “the use of artificially administered nutrition and hydration” (H.R.3200, Section 1233, page 424)
-Government order for end of life plans (p. 429)
● GOVERNMENT INTRUSION:
-Government will have real-time access to individual’s finances, if elegible for specific medical service. National health care ID card (p.58)
-Government-established National Medical Device Registry (p. 1001)
-Government Marriage & Family therapy sessions (p. 489)
-Government will design and implement the Home Visitation Program for families with young children and families expecting children, parenting counseling is included (p. 838-p. 845)
● LEFTISTS TO REGISTER INDIVIDUALS:
Government use of left-wing community groups, such as ACORN and AmeriCorps, to register individuals for the government health care plan (p. 95)
● CAN’T SUE THE GOVERNMENT:
No company or business can sue the federal government for price fixing, which means that there will be no judicial review against a government monopoly of the health care industry (p. 124)
● ILEGALS EXEMPT FROM TAXES & FINES:
Any nonresident alien is exempt from the individual taxes, insurance purchasing mandates, and fines which are required of every legal, U.S. citizens (p. 170).
● RESTRICT ENROLLMENT:
Government will restrict the enrollment of special needs people (p. 354)
● More items of concern in HR3200, here, and here (Ht: Babalu)
● What’s wrong his HR3200 by Duke University Professor John David Lewis
● Government into homes to usurp parental rights (sections 440 & 1904 (Page 838))
● End of life plan
● DEADLY DOCTORS: How Obama’s Advisors want to ration care
(Meet Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the brother of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel)
● Manufactured Healthcare Crisis
● BIG BUSINESS GOES BIG FOR OBAMACARE (most health-insurance companies, Big Pharma/the drug industry)
● OBAMA IS LYING…CHECK THE OBAMACARE AMENDMENTS
● MANUFACTURED HEALTHCARE CRISIS
● Seniors Will Have to Give Up Some Medicare Benefits For Obamacare said Democrat Betsy Markey,
Is Rep. Betsy Markey (D-CO) spreading malicious myths about ObamaCare?
● 10 reasons why America’s health care system is in better condition than you think
● Health Insurance Companies in the United States, here, Heath Insurance Companies by State
● Find private health insurance, Low cost health insurance by State
● ObamaCare will outlaw private insurance
|● How paying for your own medical costs leads to lower costs|
|OBAMA IN HIS OWN WORDS|
|OBAMA: Better Off Taking Painkillers
than having Surgery
Do you want government
making that decision for you?
Will ObamaCare limit health
care for the elderly?
|OBAMA: I’m Not Familiar|
With Health Care Bill
Report: Obama admits to blogger
he is not familiar with his healthcare bill
But continues pushing & marketing his
| OBAMA: My plan will|
| OBAMA SAID THE TERMINALLY ILL SHOULD NOT GET ADDITIONAL HEALTH CARE
Obama: “You just get into some very difficult moral issues” whether “society making those decisions to give my grandmother, or everybody else’s aging grandparents or parents, a hip replacement when they are terminally ill… The chronically ill and those toward the end of their lives are accounting for potentially 80 percent of the total health care.” (Obama interview with David Leonhardt of the New York Times magazine on 4/28/09, whole interview)
TOWN HALLS: AMERICANS CONFRONTING OBAMACARE PUSHERS (For town hall videos – click here)
|Philly crowd vs. Arlen Specter
& HHS Kathleen Sebelius
“You can’t manage Cash4Clunkers,
& you want to manage Health Care?
|Austin vs. Rep. Lloyd Doggett
|..More videos of town hall meeting videos & protests – click here|
|FACTS VS. OBAMA’S TROJAN HORSES|
|Trojan horse: “Government Health Care Is More Efficient”
FACT: STATE-RUN HEALTHCARE WILL CREATE A BUREAUCRATIC NIGHTMARE
At least 31 new federal programs, agencies, commissions, and mandates will be in between patients and … their doctor
|Trojan horse: “Universal Health Care will bring equality”|
FACT: STATE-RUN HEALTHCARE’S PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT
● Why is Congress exempt from the government-run health care option? If socialized medicine is good enough to force on all Americans, why are members of Congress exempt from the state-run health care option, keeping their existing health plans and services on Capitol Hill?
Sign Petition: To require lawmakers in Washington to enroll in any government-run health plan they want to impose on the rest of us.
● Did Ted Kennedy deserve his extended cancer care? Why didn’t he go to Canada or Cuba for his treatment?
|Trojan horse: We need government-run health care to increase competition!”
FACT: THERE ARE MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES
but government regulation doesn’t allow customers to buy across state lines
|Contrary of what Democrats say, there are many insurance companies already competing, here are some lists to give you an idea:
List of United States insurance companies, and here, by state
|Trojan horse: “There are 47 million uninsured”
FACT: 8.2 MILLION ARE UNINSURED
|● 8.2 million Americans are uninsured NOT 46 million as repeated by Obamistas:
○ They fail to mention the 46 million includes illegal immigrants, people who temporarily do not have insurance
(they might be between jobs), or do not want coverage.
○ The real number of uninsured is 8.2 million Americans who are without coverage for the long haul,
because they are too poor to purchase health care but earn too much to qualify for government assistance., BlueCross Assoc.)
○ But these 8.2 million of Americans have access to care, because federal law forbids hospitals from
denying treatment to patients who show up at the emergency rooms.
● 9.7 million of the uninsured are not U.S. citizens (Census 2007)
|● Some people say they were without insurance even if they only spent a portion of the year without coverage. (Census report, page 19)
Leftists like to cite 46 million uninsured to make it sound that 25% of U.S. citizens never, ever, have insurance coverage.
● The Census report list the number of people who are uninsured at a SPECIFIC POINT IN TIME during the year than for the entire year. (Census report, page 19)
● Approx. 5.7 million uninsured adults are “short-term uninsured,” (because they’re between jobs or recent college graduates. (BlueCross Assoc.)
● 21 million to 31 million people were uninsured for the ENTIRE YEAR (CBO)
● 14 million of the uninsured were eligible (but chose not) to enroll in government-sponsored health programs like Medicaid and SCHIP (State Children’s Health Insurance Program) (BlueCross Assoc.)
These people would be signed up for government insurance if they ever made it to the emergency room.
● More than 13 million uninsured adults and families have incomes of more than $50,000,
and many have access to affordable healthcare coverage (BlueCross Assoc.)
● In 2006, almost 18 million of the uninsured earned more than $50,000 a year. (Census, p.21)
● In 2006, almost 10 million of them have an income of more than $75,000 a year (Census, p.21)
In other words, 38 percent of the U.S. uninsured population earn more than $50,000 per year.
● Those making more than $75,000 per year are part of the fastest growing segment of the uninsured population.
(Top 10 Myths of the U.S. Health Care)
● 18.3 million of the uninsured were adults under 34 who think they are young and healthy and choose not to have coverage (Census 2007)
|Trojan horse: “ObamaCare will provide PROPER healthcare to all Americans”
FACT: HORRORS OF GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTHCARE
“You Have Not Yet Suffered Long Enough”
if removed by YouTube again, try here, or here
|June 09, Cuba: 11 cancer patients
were killed after being treated with
expired cancer serum
(Original report in Spanish)
○ British National Health System – Man collapses with ruptured appendix… three weeks after NHS doctors ‘took it out’
○ British National Health System – The babies born in hospital corridors: Bed shortage forces 4,000 mothers to give birth in lifts, offices and hospital toilets.
○ England’s Taxes: Facing a new 50% Tax rate, Americans Flee England
|● CANADA’s Government-run healthcare:
○ Floors littered with plastic seals that nurses take off IV packs & toss to the floor.
○ Bloody bandages are tossed into a corner to stay there for days.
○ Spilled food and drinks are left to be ground into the floors.
○ Bed linens are changed only after the patient is discharged.
○ Hospital staff ignore the filth on nearly every hospital surface.
High costs, poor quality:
○ Costs have escalated with little or no improvement since the Canada Health Act was first passed back in 1984.
○ 25% of Canadians (over 7 million) do not have access to a primary care physician.
○ More than 2 years wait times for routine life-saving procedures.
○ 3rd highest in costs out of 30 countries, while healthcare outcomes are a dismal 28th.
○ Half of Canada’s government budget is spent on healthcare with little improvement but unions want more spending.
○ The problem isn’t lack of money but lack of physicians.
○ Most individuals working within the Canadian healthcare system are demoralized to near catatonia.
○ Waste and bureaucratic gridlock currently plague the Canadian system.
● ObamaCare will hurt your family:
○ Undermines Parental Authority
○ Puts Federal Bureaucrats in Control of Health Care Decisions
○ Shackles Families with Unknown Costs
○ Dumps Families into a Government-Run Health Plan (Employers would be incentivized to drop private coverage)
○ Disregards Convictions of Patients and Providers
○ Makes Bureaucrats Moral Decision-makers (end-of-life decisions, prenatal care, abortions)
● Government-Run Health Care Will Harm Both Patients and Doctors
● Government will be in charge of your health data… goodbye privacy
|● CUBA’s Healthcare, more
…Is this what Democrat Rep. Diane Watson praises so much?
Is this what she wants for America?
|Trojan horse: “ObamaCare will allow choice”
FACT: OBAMACARE WILL DESTROY COMPETITION
● ObamaCare masterminds said how they wanted to destroy private insurance
Their goal: Private insurance will not be able to compete against government:
Their tactic: “to crowd out the private insurers by undercutting them on price. After all, the government can take losses on the plan for as long as they need to drive everyone else out of the market. Once that process completes, voila! Single-payer remains as the only option.” (Hat tip: Mark Levin)
● Democrat Admits Obama Healthcare Plan Will Destroy Insurance Industry
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Admits Obama Healthcare Plan Will Destroy Insurance Industry:
“I know many of you here today are single payer advocates and so am I … and those of us who are pushing for a public health insurance don’t disagree with this goal. This is not a principled fight. This is a fight about strategy for getting there and I believe we will.”
Liberals don’t want you to see this video
She said the public option is not a compromise, but a strategic step toward the single-payer system and the elimination of the private insurance industry…more
|● ObamaCare will force every American to buy health insurance OR face fines/punishment
● A public plan will leave workers with no private insurance & less freedom:
○ Many employers will have to drop private health coverage for their workers and dump them into the public plan.
○ Congress will be both the “umpire” who sets the rules and the “team owner” of the public plan.
○ Government will control what your doctor can do and how much he will be paid.
Trojan horse: “ObamaCare will reduce health care costs”|
FACT: OBAMACARE WILL SPEND TRILLION DOLLARS TO “CONTROL COSTS” (oxymoron)
● Estimated $245 Billion a year will cost the House health plan by 2019: At $1.3 trillion dollars over ten years, most Americans will think the House plan will cost about $130 billion a year. They have been mislead. In reality, by 2019 the House health plan will cost $245 billion a year.
● How the CBO’s 10-Year time frame obscures the full cost of Obamacare (Hat tip: MichelleMalkin)
● Obama to spend a trillion dollars to “control costs” (bet you it will be more)
● CBO: ObamaCare cost in the trillion dollars & leave millions uninsured:
○ Deficits would increase by at least $1 trillion over the 2010-2019 period (doesn’t include major provisions of the bill)
○ Number of people who had coverage through an employer would decline by about 15 million (or roughly 10 percent), and coverage from other sources would fall by about 8 million, so the net decrease in the number of people uninsured would be about 16 million or 17 million. (Hat tip: Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Preliminary Analysis, American Spectator)
● Future tax increases will be required to pay for entitlement programs
|OBAMACARE COST= $245 Billion per year by 2019|
|This will worsen Obama’s record deficit (graph & video)|
Trojan horse: “Obama says 100,000 deaths a year in U.S. hospitals”
FACT: NOT TRUE 100,000 DEATHS PER YEAR IN U.S. HOSPITALS
About 9,800 preventable deaths occur each year in U.S. hospitals – according to the re-evaluation done by some researchers of the original study which used fuzzy math. Obama cited the figures of the erroneous original study. (Hat tip: PointOfLaw, Michelle Malkin)
|Trojan horse: “Government knows best”|
FACT: GOVERNMENT FAILURES
● Medicare is Broken
● War on poverty
● Public education
● Bailouts, “stimulus”
This entry was posted on July 2, 2009 at 5:00 pm and is filed under Healthcare. Tagged: Affordable Health Choices Act, Britain, Canada, Cuba, Government-run healthcare, h1n1, Health, Healthcare, HR3200, HR3590, hr3962, Insurance, Life, Medical, Medicare, Medicina socializada, Michael Moore, News, Obama, ObamaCare, People, Photography, Politics, Protest, Socialism, State-run healthcare, swine flu, Tea Party, Town Hall Meeting, Town Halls, Uninsured. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
5 Responses to “FACTS: OBAMA-CARE 101 – Why Americans Oppose It”