|GLOBAL WARMING SCIENTISTS EXPOSED?
The story: A hacker or whistleblower posted online the global warming email exchanges of one of the world’s leading climate research centers. The emails suggest the global warming scientists colluded and manipulated data to push their global warming agenda.
Hacked: Climate Research Unit (CRU) at University of East Anglia in Britain
Hackers: Unknown if hacker, whistleblower, or carelessness at an open FTP server
What was hacked/released: About 61 megabytes (MB), containing thousands of emails, hundreds of files, data, and code.
Emails from/to: Phil Jones, director of CRU, to original hockey stick authors (Michael Mann, Raymond Bradley and Malcom Hughes)…and others
– Gavin Schmidt of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies
– Eugene Wahl of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Paleoclimatology Program
– Caspar Ammann of the National Center for Atmospheric Research’s Climate and Global Dynamics Division
– Benjamin Santer, a scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, Calif.
– Michael E. Mann, director of the Pennsylvania State University’s Earth System Science Center
– Obama’s science czar, John Holdren (see Obama Connection below)
The scandal: Data manipulation, collusion, suppression of evidence and squelching of dissent seem to be the tactics used by the global warming scientists as illustrated on their allegedly leaked correspondence. If these emails are true, these scientists did everything to push their global warming viewpoints.
UK Telegraph lists what the alleged emails reveal about the global warming scientists:
– Manipulation of evidence
– Suppression of evidence
– Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up
– Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Skeptic scientists
– Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP)
– Strategies to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process
Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reports:
The correspondence between dozens of climate-change researchers, including many in the U.S., illustrates bitter feelings among those who believe human activities cause global warming toward rivals who argue that the link between humans and climate change remains uncertain.
Some emails also refer to efforts by scientists who believe man is causing global warming to exclude contrary views from important scientific publications.
– Obama’s science czar (John Holdren) in ClimateGate emails, PDF (Hat tip: Michelle Malkin, Canada Free Press)
Confirmation of hacking:
The CRU center has confirmed “that his organization has been hacked, and the data flying all over the internet appears to be genuine.”
– Wired/Threat Level
- Searchable database of the CRU emails
– Examiner has a great summary of the story.
– Wall Street Journal (WSJ) provides link to download the hacked emails.
– WSJ has printed some of the emails.
– Watts Up With That
– Climate Audit, or here
– Bishop Hill has summarized list of the CRUgate emails.
– Wired/Threat Level
– Heritage Foundation
– Washington Post, and here
– HotAir, and here analyzes some of the hacked emails.
– The Air Vent
– GatewayPundit: Senator Inhofe will call for investigation into Global Warming email scandal.
– Michelle Malkin: calls for hacker(s) to be prosecuted.
Warning Signs wants jail time for those behind the global warming fraud:
If the CRU “doctored the data supporting the global warming claims of the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) means that EVERYTHING attributed to or based upon “global warming” is invalid,” such as:
– the Kyoto Climate Protocols that nations agreed to on December 11, 1997
– all subsequent agreements based on “global warming”
– “carbon credits” that industries, utilities, and other entities purchased for the “right” to use energy
– billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars in grants and other payments given to scientists and environmental groups for their so-called research
– Al Gore’s pusillanimous “documentary”
– every statement uttered by any scientist, academician, or politician claiming that something, anything, should be done to avoid “global warming.”
“This data and the periodic reports of the IPCC are the basis for the existence of the IPCC, the Kyoto Protocol, and the “cap-and-trade” legislation awaiting a vote in the U.S. Congress.”
– Why Global Warming is a Hoax
– Why vote against Cap & Trade
– EU President: “The Climate Conference in Copenhagen is another step forward towards the global management of our planet…”
– Professors & scientists for sale!
CRAZY IDEAS FROM ALARMISTS TO FIGHT GLOBAL WARMING
– Eat Your Pet to Save the Earth
– Government to dictate what color car you can buy
– AR4 is shorthand for the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change’s (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report, presented in 2007 as the consensus view on how bad man-made climate change has supposedly become.
– FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is the Internet protocol used to copy files between computers.