Carlos Gimenez’s $5 MILLION PENSION Paid by Taxpayers (2011 Miami-Dade Mayoral Candidate)
Posted by FactReal on June 23, 2011
|GIMENEZ SHOULD RENOUNCE TO HIS $5 MILLION PENSION PAID BY TAXPAYERS
Gimenez receives $126,810-a-year government pension paid mostly by taxpayers for the rest of his life. If he gets that pension for 40 years, he will receive $5,072,400.
|GIMENEZ’S 3 SOURCES OF INCOME
Carlos Gimenez indicated on his qualifying documents for mayoral candidate of Miami-Dade County that he has three sources of income:
1. Yearly salary of $ 43,250 for his work as Miami-Dade County Commissioner
2. Yearly pension of $126,810 for his work with the City of Miami’s Fire Department
3. Yearly income of $ 40,000 from a Vanguard IRA (we don’t know if this a derivative investment from a pension)
Next we will analyze his #2 income source — the $126,810 yearly pension from the Fire Dept that Gimenez will receive for the rest of his life — mostly paid by the taxpayers.
|$5 MILLION LIFETIME PENSION
As indicated above, Gimenez receives $126,810 per year from the Miami Firefighter Police Pension (FIPO). If his pension remains constant, America Times estimates that Gimenez could receive at least $5 million just from this pension:
|According to the Herald, Gimenez “said he contributed $225,000 to his Miami pension during his 28 years with the city.”
GIMENEZ WILL STILL RECEIVE MORE
LIFETIME PENSIONS PAID BY TAXPAYERS! THIS IS CRAZY!
Gimenez is just one example. Imagine this: If union employees pay only 4% of their own pensions, then taxpayers have to pay for almost 96% of ALL the LIFETIME pensions and benefits of ALL the public employees in the state, county and municipalities.
This is not only unsustainable; this is crazy.
1. Miami-Dade Election Dept. – Voter Focus, Carlos Gimenez’s qualifying documents dated 2011 April 12, Page 9
2. Miami Herald, Gimenez seeks top Miami-Dade county job, Saturday, 06.18.11
Info for the June 28th election in Miami-Dade County:
- Carlos Gimenez’s Record
- Julio Robaina’s Record
(With links to primary sources)