Posted by FactReal on February 5, 2013
|OBAMA ERA: DON’T WATERBOARD YOUR ENEMIES; OK TO KILL YOUR CITIZENS.|
NBC revealed yesterday a “newly obtained, confidential Department of Justice white paper that hints at the details of a secret White House memo that explains the legal justifications for targeted drone strikes that kill Americans without trial in the name of national security.” The Obama Administration won’t need evidence just an “informed, high-level” official of the U.S. government to make the determination that “targeted American has been ‘recently’ involved in ‘activities’ posing a threat of a violent attack,” NBC reports.
As if that wasn’t odd enough, liberal media outlets are also reporting this. (See sources below)
|The New York Times via WeaselZippers reports:
WASHINGTON — Obama administration lawyers have asserted that it would be lawful to kill a United States citizen if “an informed, high-level official” of the government decided that the target was a ranking figure in Al Qaeda who posed “an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States” and if his capture was not feasible, according to a 16-page document made public on Monday.
The unsigned and undated Justice Department “white paper,” obtained by NBC News, is the most detailed analysis yet to come into public view regarding the Obama legal team’s views about the lawfulness of killing, without a trial, an American citizen who executive branch officials decide is an operational leader of Al Qaeda or one of its allies.
NBC obtained the memo and provides more details:
A confidential Justice Department memo concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” — even if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S.
The 16-page memo, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News, provides new details about the legal reasoning behind one of the Obama administration’s most secretive and controversial polices: its dramatically increased use of drone strikes against al-Qaida suspects abroad, including those aimed at American citizens…[A]t the Northwestern University Law School in March, Attorney General Eric Holder specifically endorsed the constitutionality of targeted killings of Americans, saying they could be justified if government officials determine the target poses “an imminent threat of violent attack.” [...]
“The condition that an operational leader present an ‘imminent’ threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future,” the memo states.
Instead, it says, an “informed, high-level” official of the U.S. government may determine that the targeted American has been “recently” involved in “activities” posing a threat of a violent attack and “there is no evidence suggesting that he has renounced or abandoned such activities.” The memo does not define “recently” or “activities.”
As in Holder’s speech, the confidential memo lays out a three-part test that would make targeted killings of American lawful: In addition to the suspect being an imminent threat, capture of the target must be “infeasible, and the strike must be conducted according to “law of war principles.” But the memo elaborates on some of these factors in ways that go beyond what the attorney general said publicly. For example, it states that U.S. officials may consider whether an attempted capture of a suspect would pose an “undue risk” to U.S. personnel involved in such an operation. If so, U.S. officials could determine that the capture operation of the targeted American would not be feasible, making it lawful for the U.S. government to order a killing instead, the memo concludes.
The undated memo is entitled “Lawfulness of a Lethal Operation Directed Against a U.S. Citizen who is a Senior Operational Leader of Al Qa’ida or An Associated Force.” It was provided to members of the Senate Intelligence and Judiciary committees in June by administration officials on the condition that it be kept confidential and not discussed publicly.
READ THE DOJ MEMO
Read the DOJ’s 16-page memo here or here.
NYT: Memo Cites Legal Basis for Killing U.S. Citizens in Al Qaeda
NBC: EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans
Take a Rare Look at How Obama Decides to Send Drones to Kill Americans
US drone strikes: Memo reveals case for killing Americans
– Obama 2007: Can’t Just Air Raid Villages and Kill Innocent Civilians…
Obama 2013: Air Raids Are Legal, Ethical, Wise
Posted in Government Abuse, Left, Obama | Tagged: Communism, Democrats, Family, Left, Life, News, Obama, Politics, War | Leave a Comment »
Posted by FactReal on February 1, 2013
Posted in Government Abuse, Healthcare, Left, Obama | Tagged: Communism, Democrats, Family, Health care, Left, Life, News, Obama, Politics, Religion, Society | Leave a Comment »
Posted by FactReal on January 24, 2013
|THE REAL JOHN KERRY
Meet the real John Kerry, who Obama nominated to succeed Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State:
John Kerry slandered American soldiers in Vietnam alleging systematic atrocities “reminiscent of Genghis Khan” during his infamous testimony to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on April 22, 1971. Kerry’s goal was to poison public opinion against the U.S. military, to force America out of Vietnam, and to allow the spread of Communism.
|- John Kerry 101
– Kerry Remains Unfit for Command
– Radical John Kerry
Posted in Communism, History/ Heritage, Left, War & National Security | Tagged: Communism, Democrats, Family, Left, Life, News, Obama, Politics, Republicans, War | Leave a Comment »
Posted by FactReal on December 6, 2012
|LIBERALS MAKING OUR KIDS STUPID
Using a crude image of “the rich” urinating down on “the poor” is the latest left-wing propaganda from a teachers union to advocate for higher taxes on the so-called rich. After all the excessive government spending, public unions still want more. Their addiction to taxpayer money is insatiable.
The California Federation of Teachers produced a video aimed to indoctrinate our kids by demonizing the rich, vilifying success, and inciting class envy. Proud socialist and multimillionaire (1%er) actor, Ed Asner, narrates the video that claims the rich obtained their wealth by pushing for tax cuts and by creating tax loopholes (which they equate to tax evasion.) According to the video, rich people’s greed led to the decline of schools, roads, public transportation, libraries, etc. The financial crash was also the fault of rich people, who later were the only ones who obtained government bailouts and are now blaming public employees for the fiscal problems in the nation — claims the teachers’ video.
These teachers thought it was a great idea to explain to kids the concept of “trickle down economics” (according to liberals) by depicting the rich (1%) urinating on less-affluent Americans (the 99%). Here is screenshot of that video section:
|Watch video here.
THE VIDEO IGNORED THESE FACTS
● Clinton and Democrats Created the Financial Crash (More here.)
● Democrat Barney Frank’s Legacy: Housing Crisis and Prostitution Ring
● How Democrats created the mortgage crisis with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
● IRS: Taxing ALL Rich People Not Enough to Pay U.S. Deficit
● Confiscation of Wealthy Americans’ Money Will NOT Work
● The Rich Pay More Taxes…and Higher Tax Rates
● 47% Pay no Federal Income tax (CNN report)
● Bill Clinton’s Tax Increases Slowed Growth
● Soaking the rich will only cover 0.5% of Obama’s New Spending (The Buffett Rule)
● Obama 2009: The Last Thing You Want is to Raise Taxes in a Recession (Video)
● Low capital gains taxes benefit you
● Illegal aliens got $4.2 billion from IRS using tax loopholes even if no income tax was withheld or paid.
● 97% of Americans Pay less than 12% Tax Rate
● The top 1% of wage earners in the U.S. pay about 33% of all the income taxes, and the top 5% pay more than half of all the taxes
● Billions in stimulus spending went to help bail out homeowners and education programs
● Obama’s student loan bailout paid by waitresses and construction workers
LIBERALS LOVE RICH LIBERALS
● The Left LOVES multi-billionaire George Soros who pushed for bank bailouts and bought politicians
● Democrats love “Fat Cat” Lobbyists and spend weekend together in Miami Beach
● Michelle Obama’s $10 million vacations paid by taxpayers while Americans suffer
● Richest celebrities supported Wall Street protests against the rich
● Liberals love crony capitalism
● Obama rewards rich donors with state dinner at taxpayers expense
● Public unions’ exorbitant lifetime pensions are destroying city budgets and homeowners
● Public employees retiring in luxury on the back of tax payers
● The teachers union and other public-sector unions invest in Wall Street
● Average teachers receive $56,500 salary plus $43,505 in benefits…paid by taxpayers
Posted in Education/ Indoctrination, Left, USA-California | Tagged: Communism, Democrats, Economy, Education, Family, Government Waste, Left, News, Politics, Unions | Leave a Comment »