FactReal

QUICK FACTS: Politics, News, Economy, Religion, History…for busy people!

Posts Tagged ‘Libya’

Hillary Clinton No $$$ for Benghazi Security, but Spent Millions for Art, Kindles, Obama Books, Mosques Restorations, …

Posted by FactReal on January 24, 2013

Hillary Clinton 'Benghazi Bob'
(Image by Looking Spoon via Weasel Zippers)
During yesterday’s Benghazi testimony, Hillary Clinton lied about the State Department not having enough funding to provide proper security for the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

But in fact the State Department ($50+ billion dollar annual budget) had enough money for these items:
● $4.5 million for Art in Embassies
● $16 million dollars on 2,500 kindle book readers at the drastically inflated price of $6,600 per device (that retails for $189)
● $$ Millions to preserve mosques and minarets in 27 different Islamic countries
● $150,000+ for a Chevy Volt and its charging station for the US Embassy in Austria
● $150,000 to spend on a book about the residence of the U.S. Ambassador to Italy
● $79,000 to spend on Obama’s books
● $20,000 on a portrait of Obama

And also:
● $7.9 billion dollars for Obama’s Global Health Initiative
● $2.9 billion for international debt relief
● $2.2 billion to strengthen democratic institutions in Pakistan
● $770 million dollar Middle East and North Africa Incentive Fund for the failed Arab Spring which has put extremist Islamists in power
● $587 million for student exchange programs
● $469 million for global climate change
● $200 million dollars were wasted on Iraqi police training that never went anywhere

The Obama administration repeatedly rejected requests for more security in Benghazi, even though Islamist militias attacked the consulate multiple times prior to the 9/11/2012 attack and Ambassador Stevens repeatedly notified the administration about increasing security threats in Libya.

MORE
Details and sources via FrontPageMag.com here and here.

RELATED
- Hillary Clinton Lies at Libya Hearing about not Blaming the Mohammed Video

Posted in Government Waste, Islam, Left, War & National Security | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a Comment »

LIBYA: CIA Ops were Denied Request for Help during Benghazi Attack

Posted by FactReal on October 26, 2012

Fox News reports:

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. [...]

The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours — enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators. [...]

Fox News has learned that there were two military surveillance drones redirected to Benghazi shortly after the attack on the consulate began…Both were capable of sending real time visuals back to U.S. officials in Washington, D.C. Any U.S. official or agency with the proper clearance, including the White House Situation Room, State Department, CIA, Pentagon and others, could call up that video in real time on their computers.

Tyrone Woods was later joined at the scene by fellow former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty, who was sent in from Tripoli as part of a Global Response Staff or GRS that provides security to CIA case officers and provides countersurveillance and surveillance protection. They were killed by a mortar shell at 4 a.m. Libyan time, nearly seven hours after the attack on the consulate began — a window that represented more than enough time for the U.S. military to send back-up from nearby bases in Europe, according to sources familiar with Special Operations. Four mortars were fired at the annex. The first one struck outside the annex. Three more hit the annex.

[...]

Read the entire report here.

RELATED
- Libya: Did Obama Watch While Americans Fought for their Lives?

Posted in Left, Obama, War & National Security | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a Comment »

Libya: Did Obama Watch While Americans Fought for their Lives?

Posted by FactReal on October 26, 2012

Via American Thinker:

They fought for their lives for seven hours. 9/11/ 2012. Benghazi. The White House watched. No help was sent and they died.

Four Americans died in the jihadi attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, two retired SEALS who were working as civilian security specialists in Benghazi, learned that Ambassador Stevens and nine other people at the consulate were under attack and rushed to their defense. The fourth man was Sean Smith, father of three, an Air Force veteran, working for the State Department in Libya.

The White House, the Pentagon, the State Department, and our military monitored the battle in real time starting with the first phone calls directly from Benghazi.

A small military force from Tripoli was dispatched and was able to rescue some personnel hiding in other buildings. Ambassador Stevens remained missing, as did these three men. The fire-fight raged on.

The shocking news of October 22 was that a drone ordered in from Tripoli sent back images of the attack in real time. The battle was sent on streaming video direct to the Situation Room in the White House. Within two hours, emails from Benghazi reported that Al Qaeda in Libya was claiming responsibility.

President Obama, our Commander-in-Chief, had military options available to try and save our men. He could have had the drone armed with Hellfire missiles. He could have scrambled fighter jets from Sicily to drive off the attackers. He could have dropped in Special Forces. He had seven hours to take action.

He did nothing. Doherty and Woods died in the last hour of the attack.

Read more: Here.

RELATED

Posted in Left, Obama, War & National Security | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a Comment »

Biden to Killed Navy SEAL’s Dad: “Did your Son Always have Balls the Size of Cue Balls?”

Posted by FactReal on October 26, 2012

The father of one of the Navy SEALs murdered in the Libya consulate attack revealed that at the ceremony for the return of the bodies of his son Tyrone Woods and other three Americans (Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith), Vice President Joe Biden approached his family and asked, “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?”

Via The Blaze:

The father of one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya says President Barack Obama wouldn’t even look him in the eye and Vice President Joe Biden was disrespectful during the ceremony when his son’s body returned to America. He also says the White House’s story on the attack doesn’t pass the smell test.

Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, called into “The Glenn Beck Program” on TheBlazeTV Thursday and recounted his interactions with the president, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Biden at the ceremony for the Libya victims at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. He told host Glenn Beck that what they told him, coupled with new reports that indicate the Obama administration knew very good and well, almost immediately, that a terrorist attack was occurring in Benghazi, make him certain that the American people are not getting the whole truth.

Vice President Biden, as he has become known to do, reportedly made a wildly inappropriate comment to the father who had just lost his hero son.

Woods said Biden came over to his family and asked in a “loud and boisterous” voice, “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?”

“Are these the words of someone who is sorry?” said Woods.

RELATED
Hillary to Killed Navy SEAL’s Father: “We’ll Arrest and Prosecute Filmmaker”

Posted in Left, Obama, War & National Security | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment »