BRIBE $850 Billion Bill
Posted by FactReal on January 28, 2009
SENATORS ON SALE
Republicans reaching a comprimise (2/06/2009):
Collins call her (202) 224-2523
Snowe call her (202) 224-5344
Specter call him (202) 224-4254
OBAMA NEEDS A DICTIONARY (2/5/2009)
The root of the problem with this “Stimulus” bill is that Obama thinks that stimulus equals spending. Ah?
How much money will government spend if they issue tax cuts for businesses and consumers!!!!!
Here is the “illuminated” Obama (go to minute 7:30)
Can someone give a dictionary to Obama? And not a marxist dictionary, pleeeasssee!
PS: Did you notice Obama’s derisive & contemptuous attitude towards the opposition.
Didn’t he promise bi-partisanship, humility, new era of politics?
OBAMA, TRILLION-DOLLAR MAN (for now)
STIMULUS (BRIBE) PACKAGE BEING RAMMED BY OBAMA
The new $825 Billion proposal (plus $346 Billion in interest) includes:
● $21 million for sod
● $200 million for the National Mall
● $600 million for new cars for the federal government
● $650 million for digital TV coupons
● $6 billion for colleges/universities (many which have billion dollar endowments)
● $50 million in funding for the National Endowment of the Arts
● $44 million for repairs to U.S. Dept. of Agriculture headquarters
● billions of taxpayer dollars to left-wing groups like ACORN
● funding for contraceptives and the abortion industry
–(eugenics-lover Democrat Nancy Pelosi said “contraception will reduce costs to the states and
–to the federal government.”)
● $75 million for smoking cessation
● only 3% (or $30 billion) of the bill is for road and highway spending
● only 2.7 percent (or $22.3 billion) of the overall package, is for to small business tax relief (smal businesses are the main job providers in the nation)
● Highway Spending: The Myth of the 47,576 New Jobs
“….before the government can spend $1 billion hiring road builders and purchasing asphalt, it must first tax or borrow $1 billion from other sectors of the economy—which would then lose a similar number of jobs. In other words, highway spending merely transfers jobs and income from one part of the economy to another.” indicates Heritage
Bills text here:
Searchable text version of Senate & House Bribe Packages
WE CAN’T AFFORD OBAMA:
What the Stimulus Will Cost Working Families
To finance the $825 billion “stimulus” (bribe) package, it will take:
ONE YEAR budget for food, clothing, housing and health care of EVERY FAMILY will be needed
by either taxing it from future generations or borrowing even more funds.
– every family in the United States would be lending the federal government $10,520,
– or each family with children under the age of 18 would lend $22,445.
This money is being borrowed, meaning it will have to be repaid
GOVERNMENT SPENDING DOES NOT STIMULATE
Why Government Spending Does Not Stimulate Economic Growth
Most government spending has historically reduced productivity and long-term economic growth due to:
1. Taxes. Most government spending is financed by taxes, and high tax rates reduce incentives to work, save, and invest—resulting in a less motivated workforce as well as less business investment in new capital and technology.
2. Incentives. Social spending often reduces incentives for productivity by subsidizing leisure and unemployment.
3. Displacement. Every dollar spent by politicians means one dollar less to be allocated based on market forces within the more productive private sector….politicians seize that money and earmark it for favored organizations with little regard for improvements to economic efficiency;
4. Inefficiencies. Government provision of housing, education, and postal operations are often much less efficient than the private sector. Government also distorts existing health care and education markets by promoting third-party payers, resulting in over-consumption and insensitivity to prices and outcomes. Another example of inefficiency is when politicians earmark highway money for wasteful pork projects rather than expanding highway capacity where it is most needed.
HISTORY: TAX CUTS STIMULATE
Why Tax Rate Reductions Are More Stimulative Than Rebates: Lessons from 2001 and 2003
○ Instead of creating higher taxes for families by increasing government spending, policymakers should instead consider extending or making permanent the 2001 and 2003 tax reductions and should reduce individual, small business, and corporate taxes.
○ Extending these tax cuts and further reducing taxes would stimulate job production and increase gross domestic product, thereby improving our economy and shortening the length of the recession.
● The Obama-Limbaugh Bipartisan Stimulus Plan of 2009
Proposed by Rush Limbaugh: “…54% voted for President Obama and 46% voted for Senator McCain. As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009, $540 billion of the one trillion will be spent on infrastructure as defined by President Obama and the Democrats. The remaining $460 billion, or 46% that voted for Senator McCain, will be directed towards tax cuts, as determined by me. These tax cuts will consist primarily of capital gains tax cuts and corporate tax rate cuts. …Then we see which stimulus actually works and works the fastest…”
Call it stimulus, rescue, bailout…is all the same….BRIBE.
This entry was posted on January 28, 2009 at 6:13 am and is filed under Economy/ Finance. Tagged: Bailout, Socialism. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.