BROKEN PROMISE: OBAMA’S LOBBYISTS
Posted by FactReal on January 30, 2009
|OBAMA REALIZES EMPTY SLOGANS ARE EASY – REALITY IS HARD.
Despite promising no lobbyists for his administration, Obama is hiring many lobbyists.
Obama team says eliminating all lobbyists would be FOOLISH. Why? Because “lobbyists are often the most informed people on a given issue”, tells us the CNN reporter (in a subliminal defense for Obama’s betrayal.) Welcome to reality, gullible voters!
video source: CNN: Obama’s Lobbyists
another video: CNN: Obama’s Hypocrisy Is Showing
POLITICO reports: Obama’s lobbyists:
● Eric Holder, , was registered to lobby until 2004 on behalf of clients including Global Crossing, a bankrupt telecommunications firm.
● Tom Vilsack, nominee, was registered to lobby as recently as last year on behalf of the .
● William Lynn, deputy defense secretary nominee, was registered to lobby as recently as last year for defense contractor Raytheon, where he was a top executive.
● William Corr, deputy secretary nominee, was registered to lobby until last year for the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, a non-profit that pushes to limit tobacco use.
● David Hayes, deputy interior secretary nominee, was registered to lobby until 2006 for clients, including the regional utility .
● Mark Patterson, chief of staff to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, was registered to lobby as recently as last year for financial giant .
, chief of staff to , was registered to lobby until 2005 for clients, including the Coalition for Asbestos Resolution, U.S. Airways, Airborne Express and drug-maker ImClone.
● Mona Sutphen, deputy , was registered to lobby for clients, including Angliss International in 2003.
● Melody Barnes, , lobbied in 2003 and 2004 for liberal advocacy groups, including the , the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the American Constitution Society and .
● Cecilia Munoz, White House director of intergovernmental affairs, was a lobbyist as recently as last year for the , a Hispanic advocacy group.
, White House political affairs director, was a lobbyist for the .
● Michael Strautmanis, chief of staff to the president’s assistant for intergovernmental relations, lobbied for the American Association of Justice from 2001 until 2005.
OBAMA FAILS THE TRANSPARENCY TEST
THEY BELIEVED OBAMA’S BLUFF
NYTimes: Here is the New York Times 1/21/2009 report on Obama’s First Day as President:
In what ethics-in-government advocates described as a particularly far-reaching move, Mr. Obama barred officials of his administration from lobbying their former colleagues “for as long as I am president.” He barred former lobbyists from working for agencies they had lobbied within the past two years and required them to recuse themselves from issues they had handled during that time. ”
THEY IGNORED THE FACTS
NOTES TO PONDER:
Liberals love demagogues – that’s why they believed Obama. Obama was bluffing. It’s easy to be haughty when you are lying. Welcome to Obama’s ethics: none.