RINOS VS. CONSERVATIVES: Elections NY23 Congressional Race
Posted by FactReal on October 21, 2009
*** Update 11/3/2009: Election results here
RINOS ATTACK NEW YORK
GOP ENDORSES A LIBERAL INSTEAD OF A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN
Despite having a viable conservative candidate in Doug Hoffman, the GOP leaders hand-picked liberal Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava as the Republican nominee for the special election for New York’s 23rd Congressional District to replace former Republican Representative (and now Secretary of the Army) John McHugh.
Hoffman is a genuine Reagan conservative and NY-23 is a district that generally votes conservative. So, Republicans leaders can’t use the excuse that a so-called moderate Republican is needed to get elected in this district.
‘Dump Dede’ is the call from Tea Parties and limited government activists fighting the GOP for nominating a Rino.
NY-23 race is the first test of tea party power: Tea party activists from across the nation are rallying around the House special election in upstate New York, viewing it as the first electoral test of the nascent conservative movement’s political muscle.
DEDE SCOZZAFAVA (Rino) vs. DOUG HOFFMAN (Conservative)
DEDE SCOZZAFAVA (her website)
– Dede is a lefty
– GOP endorses Dede Scozzafava, an ACORN-friendly, union-pandering, tax-and-spend radical Republican:
Dede’s leftist record (Redstate.com)
– Supports the Obama stimulus (which every House Republican voted against)
– Supports the federal “card-check” legislation (that would massively boost union rolls & Democrat voting rolls…Card check is the key to a Democratic majority in perpetuity)
– Refuses to sign no tax pledge
– Voted for massive tax increases, Democratic budgets and a $180 million state bank bailout
– Voted for higher taxes 190 times
– Refuses to sign no pork pledge
– Voted to force all NY state employees to pay union dues
– Supports Cash for Clunkers
– Supports Davis Bacon
– Has not demonstrated any support for school choice
– Favors gay marriage
– Is an abortion rights advocate
– Received the Margaret Sanger award, the eugenicist founder of the abortion machine Planned Parenthood
– Embraced the ballot line of the Working Families Party (WFP) — a socialist outfit and affiliate of scandal-ridden ACORN.
ACORN and the WFP have shared office space in New York City, Arkansas and Illinois.
– ACORN head Bertha Lewis, a close Scozzafava friend and political supporter, is also the vice chairman of the WFP.
– Her husband is a New York union organizer
– Has always had strong support from the labor unions
– Unions don’t differ her from the Democrat candidate
$1,000 from the Planned Parenthood PAC (FEC Report)
$2,500 from the New York Choice PAC (FEC Report)
$5,000 from the National Education Association’s (NEA) political action committee (FEC Report)
$5,000 from the American Federation of Teachers PAC (FEC Report)
$2,500 from the union the International Longshoreman’s Association (FEC Report)
$2,500 from the unino the United Transportation Union PAC (FEC Report)
$1,000 from the union the local International Brotherhood of Electric Workers (FEC Report)
$2,000 from a renewable energy association (FEC Report)
– Daily Kos’ founder and far-left blogger Markos Moulitsas Zúñiga: He enthused that Scozzafava has “been willing to raise taxes when budgets require it, and is to the left of most Democrats on social issues.”
– Several labor unions
– Union Central Trades
– Newt Gingrich: My support for Scozzafava is a means to a conservative majority
What??? Newt, we already tried that strategy with John McCain which resulted with radical Obama in the White House.
Dede’s leftist behavior:
– Dede called the cops on reporter who dared to ask about her liberal stance on card check & abortion, here, here
– Dede has consired switching to the Democrat Party (Hat tip: Politico)
CONSERVATIVE DOUG HOFFMAN (his website)
Hoffman is a genuine Reagan conservative
Hoffman’s conservative record: (Hat tip: Redstate.com)
– Against the Obama stimulus
– Against card check
– Against Cash for Clunkers
– Against Davis Bacon
– Signed tax pledge
– Signed pork pledge
– Supports school choice
“Doug Hoffman stands for the principles that all Republicans should share: smaller government, lower taxes, strong national defense, and a commitment to individual liberty.”
“I believe this is a defining moment for the party,” Mr. Hoffman told the radio host. “As a lifelong Republican, it’s time for me and everybody else to reclaim the soul of the Republican Party.”
Mr. Beck was impressed by Mr. Hoffman’s support for allowing competition between insurance companies across state lines.
“My platform is for less government regulations and red tape, less spending, less taxes and basically, getting our freedoms back that are being taken away one-by-one by the legislation that we see passing lately,” the candidate also told the radio host.
Mr. Hoffman said he does not support amnesty for illegal immigrants, but does support making regulations to document non-residents who decide to work in this country.