NATIONAL SECURITY NEWS
Posted by FactReal on January 10, 2010
NEW YORK CITY TERROR PLOT by Islamics (September 2009)
● Active terror cell prepared NYC attack (9/21/2009)
● Al-Qaeda connection (9/18/2009)
● Muslim suspect: an affable airport shuttle driver in Denver, Colorado (9/25/2009)
– Najibullah Zazi works as a Denver airport shuttle driver in Colorado and owns a coffee cart in New York City.
– He is “a homegrown operative who travels freely, who is skilled with people, who passed an airport employee background check, who understands the patterns and nuance of American life…”
● Najibullah Zazi, 24, was plotting one of the most serious terrorist attacks on American soil since Sept. 11, 2001 (9/25/2009)
● Patriot Act helped foil New York terror plot (9/30/2009)
● Arrested pair linked to Zazi, the Colorado terror suspect (1/7/2010)
– The plot centered on Najibullah Zazi, an airport-shuttle driver from Colorado, who was indicted for planning to make bombs from hair products and household cleaners for attacks in the U.S.
– Two men arrested on 1/7/2010, Zarein Ahmedzay (a 24-year-old cab driver) and Adis Medunjanin (25-year-old part-time building superintendent), both living in New York City, might have accompanied Mr. Zazi on a 2008 trip to Pakistan, where the latter allegedly attended an al Qaeda training.
– [Zazi] told FBI agents in interviews that he attended courses and received instruction on weapons and explosives at an al Qaeda training facility in Pakistan…
– Ahmedzay was picked up on 1/7/2010 by law enforcement while he was driving a cab in the Greenwich Village area of Manhattan…
– Medunjanin left his apartment and began driving erratically on the Whitestone Expressway in Queens, N.Y., crashing into another car and fleeing the scene on foot…
– Medunjanin, whose parents are from Bosnia, is a Muslim who attends a mosque…Medunjanin received a bachelor of arts in economics in 2009 from Queens College, part of The City University of New York.
● Associated Press more concerned about the suspected terrorists’ civil rights (1/8/2010)
FORT HOOD TERROR ATTACK by Islamic (11/5/2009)
● Muslim Army major kills 14 in Fort Hood, Texas
● Major Nidal Malik Hasan, linked to September 11 terrorists
● Hasan attended same radical mosque where terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki preached and the 9/11 hijackers attended
● Ft. Hood report: Failure to link the dots (video)
CHRISTMAS DAY TERROR ATTACK by Islamic (12/25/2009)
● Muslim ignites explosives on Northwest/Delta flight from Amsterdam to Detroit (12/25/2009)
– A Muslim from Nigeria, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, tried to bomb the Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day.
– Political correctness blinded officials and security personnel who failed to link the dots
● Obama’s Counter-Terrorism director Michael Leiter remained on ski slopes after Christmas Day airline bombing attempt (12/26/2009)
– The National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) was created in 2004 to connect dots on threats – but it didn’t with Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Muslim terrorist who tried to bomb the Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas Day.
– White House defends NCTC head Michael Leiter: We said he could go on vacation after attack
● Obama’s Intel chief botches flight number (1/7/2010)
– A memo Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Dennis Blair issued tonight promising to “take a fresh and penetrating look at strengthening both human and technical performance” in the wake of the attempted terrorist bombing on Christmas Day misstated the number of the flight where the attempt took place: He referred to ‘Flight 153’, when the correct number for the Amsterdam-to-Detroit flight was 253.
CIA AGENTS KILLED by Islamic (12/30/2009)
● Muslim suicide bomber kills CIA agents in Afghanistan
● Suicide bomber was invited on base and was not searched – he was as an informant
● Wife ‘proud’ of CIA bomber:
– Muslim suicide bomber, Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, killed 7 CIA agents in Afghanistan
– Balawi blew himself up at a US military base near the Pakistani border in the deadliest attack against the Central Intelligence Agency since 1983.
– His widow, Defne Bayrak, is proud of what he had done.
– Balawi, the suicide bomber was a Jordanian doctor.
– His widow Bayrak holds a degree in journalism.
● CIA bomber’s wife says war must go on against US
– She mentions Abu Ghraib prison as one the reason her husband, a Jordanian doctor, killed 7 CIA employees.
– She fails to mention Abu Ghraib was handed back to the Iraqis long ago.
TSA AGENT THINKS HE IS GOD (1/3/2010)
● TSA agent arrested at LAX after declaring: ‘I am God, I’m in charge’
TSA BREACH, AGAIN (1/3/2010)
● Couple Accused Of Selling TSA Identities
AIRPORT THREAT: Newark Liberty International Airport (1/3/2010)
● Newark terminal shutdown was caused by a man who sneaked through security
– Newark security video shows goodbye kiss; boyfriend sneaks past TSA, escorts girlfriend to gate
AIRPORT THREAT: Meadows Field Airport in Bakersfield, California (1/5/2010)
● California airport closed…over bottles of honey
TSA AGENTS USING DRUGS (1/6/2010)
● Transportation Security Administration (TSA) employees caught on tape using drugs
– The investigation began late last year when a TSA Agent was arrested for allegedly
counterfeiting parking passes at the employee parking lot.
– In his house, police found a videotape. On it was an after hours party where other TSA agents were allegedly using drugs.
UNRULY PASSENGER: Hawaiian airlines (1/6/2010)
● Hawaiian airlines flight 39 from Portland bound for Hawaii was diverted after passenger disturbance
– A 56-year-old Salem man “made threatening remarks and refused to store his carry-on bag.”
– Fighter jets escorted the plane back to Portland
UNRULY MUSLIM PASSENGER: Delta airlines (1/6/2010)
● Delta/NW airlines from Miami bound for Detroit returned to terminal, Muslim Pulled Off Plane
– Mansor Mohammad Asad (43 years old) of Toledo, Ohio, began making loud anti-Semitic comments and chanting, apparently in Arabic:
“I’m Palestinian and I want (to) kill all Jews.”
– He was hauled off a Detroit-bound Delta Air Lines flight in Miami and arrested.
– Police said Asad faced several criminal charges including threats against a public servant and disorderly conduct.
UNRULY PASSENGER – Air Tran Flight (1/8/2010)
● Unruly passenger aboard Air Tran Flight 39 from Atlanta bound for San Francisco