RUSH LIMBAUGH HAITI COMMENTS…facts, video, transcripts
Posted by FactReal on January 15, 2010
Rush Limbaugh said Americans help Haiti (via taxes, churches) as a response to Democrats already blaming the U.S. for the Haitian plight.
Rush said donating to Haiti via cell phone will be easy.
Why did Rush Limbaugh say that?
Rush was suspicious of why Obama wanted donations via his White House website.
Many people ignore the U.S. sends millions in foreign aid to Haiti and other countries (Census)
HERE ARE THE FACTS:
|SUMMARY: WHAT DID RUSH LIMBAUGH SAY? (transcript )
1. A caller questions why Obama wants people to donate via the White House website, instead via the Red Cross.
2. Rush Limbaugh is also suspicious of why Obama wants donations via the White House.
3. Rush says Americans help Haiti (via taxes, churches) as a response to Democrats already blaming the U.S. for the Haitian plight:
4. Rush concludes by reading the Whitehouse.gov guide to donate to Haiti and affirms that donating via cell phone is easy:
CONTEXT OF WHAT RUSH LIMBAUGH SAID (transcript )
– Rush starts by pointing out that Obama responded faster to the Haiti crisis than to the Christmas terrorist attack:
“…it took [Obama] three days to respond to the Christmas Day Fruit of Kaboom Bomber, three days…He comes out here in less than 24 hours to speak about Haiti.”
– Since Obama has been going around the world apologizing and blaming America for almost everything, Rush teased with “…I wonder did he apologize for America before acknowledging we are the only people on earth that can possibly help ’em out down there in any significant way?”
– Rush reminds people how the U.S. leads in donations and foreign aid: “We are the most charitable and the most generous people on the face of the earth. Each and every time a natural disaster like this happens, we step up. We are there.”
– Rush describes how poor Haiti is: “[Haiti] is a devastatingly poor place and nothing has ever changed. And right across a mountain ridge in the middle you’ve got the Dominican Republic, which is like night and day. It’s like night and day. And what’s the one common factor?
That place, Haiti, has been run by dictators and communists, and how long is it going to be before we hear Obama and the left in this country say that what we really need to do is reinstate the communist Aristide to the leadership position down there to coordinate putting the country back together? The Haitian economy is entirely dependent on foreign aid. They produce nothing. Zilch, zero, nada. And it’s been that way for the longest time.”
– Rush knew a Democrat would blame the U.S. for Haiti’s situation:
– To prove Wasserman Schultz wrong, Rush provides history and facts of Haiti that have led it to be one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere: dictator Duvalier, secret police Tontons Macoutes, the communist Aristide, military coups, the Organization of American States and United Nations led trade boycotts to try to force Aristide’s return to power, etc.
– At the end, Rush reads the Whitehouse.gov guide to donate to Haiti and