FINAL BUDGET HEARING AT THE MIAMI-DADE COUNTY COMMISSION – 9/23/2010 @5PM
Posted by FactReal on September 23, 2010
|Updated by FactReal on Sept. 24, 2010|
On the first hearing on 9/13/2010, the commissioners voted 8-5 to increase the property taxes.
Today is the final and decisive budget hearing:
– Here was the video livestream for the Sept. 23 budget hearing.
|WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR
– Great salaries and benefits for the commissioners and the mayor: “Each of the 13 county commissioners receives $800,000 to use as they want, plus $6,000 salary, plus $55,000 in benefits which include a car allowance/lease option equaling $800 a month, unlimited gas at the county pump, free insurance and maintenance. County Manager George Burgess has a $326,340 salary and benefit package of $101,787. County Mayor Carlos Alvarez earns a $245,393 salary and more than $99,000 in benefits.”
– Great salaries for county employees despite the recession: County employees will “get a 3 percent pay raise next year, guaranteed!” Police officers will “get a 5 percent raise this month and the 3 percent next summer. Oh, yeah, another 5 percent raise next September.” And it doesn’t matter if they are doing a fine job, “because the union contracts are full of “steps” that peg raises to time spent, not quality of work done.”
– Salaries of Community Action Agency (CAA) Head Start and Early Head Start delegates
– Proposed Funding for Organizations
– Revised document from County Manager (9/23/2010)
AmericaTeVe – Channel 41 (Spanish)
– Union workers caught on camera smoking marijuana
– Miami-Dade Unemployment Rate at 14.4%