EGYPT: CBS News Reporter Lara Logan Raped and Beaten
Posted by FactReal on February 16, 2011
|Updated by FactReal on Feb. 19, 2011|
|HORRIBLE ATTACK BY THE “PEACEFUL” PROTESTERS IN EGYPT?
HotAirPundit has the statement from CBS News:
On Friday, Feb. 11, the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS chief foreign correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a “60 Minutes” story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.
|According to the NY Post, “Lara Logan was repeatedly sexually assaulted by thugs yelling, “Jew! Jew!” as she covered the chaotic fall of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo’s main square Friday… The TV crew with Logan, who is also the network’s chief foreign correspondent, had its cameras rolling moments before she was dragged off — and caught her on tape looking tense and trying to head away from a crowd of men behind her in Tahrir Square…she was separated from her colleagues and attacked for between 20 to 30 minutes, The Wall Street Journal said…Her injuries were described to The Post as “serious.””
The Post also reports “the day before, Logan had told Esquire.com that Egyptian soldiers hassling her and her crew had accused them of “being Israeli spies.” Logan is not Jewish.”
| – Era of Civility? Nir Rosen, journalist and fellow at the NYU Center, uses the occassion to attack Logan
– Nir Rosen called Logan a “war-monger” and lamented that she’d likely become a “martyr” for being sexually assaulted
– CBS sat on the story to protect the president
– OBAMA’S CONFLICTING MESSAGES DURING THE 2011 EGYPT UPRISING (Timeline in Videos, Transcripts)
– TIME MAGAZINE: Taliban orders to cut off nose of abused Afghan girl (photo)
– ISLAM vs. IMMIGRANTS: Saudi Arabian couple hammered 24 nails into Sri Lankan maid
– ISLAM, RELIGION OF PEACE? Saudi judge considers paralysis punishment, but Obama…