RAPPER LUTHER CAMPBELL: BIO, ARRESTS, RECORD, PROPOSAL (Miami-Dade Mayoral Candidate)
Posted by FactReal on May 7, 2011
|(Caution: Crude language and images here)
|● Former front man for the controversial rap group “2 Live Crew.”
● Rapper infamous for his crude, vulgar, misogynistic, sexually explicit lyrics and videos.
● Exploited women and caused controversy to sell his albums.
● Reached success as a rapper not for his musical talents but for the unrelenting sexually explicit content of his songs: “As Nasty As They Want To Be” (1989), “I Got Shit On My Mind” (1992), “In The Nude” (1993), “Back at Your Ass for the Nine-4” (1994), “Me So Horny” (1989), “Face Down, Ass Up” (1990), “Pop That Pussy” (1991), etc.
● Accused of paying “bounties” to University of Miami football players for scoring touchdowns, knocking opposing players out of games, etc.
● Sued by filmmaker George Lucas for infringing on the name of his Star Wars character, Luke Skywalker. Campbell had to change the name of his record label from Luke Skywalker Records to Luke Records.
● Filed for bankruptcy in 1995 (His company Luke Records.)
● Sued in 1993 for copyright violations for his parody of Roy Orbison’s hit song “Oh, Pretty Woman.” The Supreme Court decided that commercial parody can qualify as fair use and that his parody didn’t violate the copyright held by Acuff Rose.
(1994 Case: Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music or here)
|● Had to pay $1.6 million judgment for cheating fellow rapper M.C. Shy D (a.k.a. Peter Jones) out of his royalties by understating album sales and overstated expenses.|
|Arrests and Charges (Partial)
● Arrested in 1990 on charges of public obscenity after performing material from his 2LiveCrew’s album As Nasty As They Wanna Be in a nightclub in Hollywood, Florida. An appeals court overturned the judge’s initial ruling that their album violated local community standards of decency without possessing any mitigating artist merit. The Supreme Court declined to reconsider the appeals court decision. The group was later acquitted of obscenity charges.
● Arrested in 1992 after fight at a hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana.
● Arrested in 1993 for disorderly conduct after he became abusive to workers at a restaurant in a Chicago.
● Arrested in 1994 for simulating sex onstage in Georgia.
● Charged in 1994 with assault for threatening his girlfriend with a gun.
● Arrested in 1994 for inciting a riot at a nightclub in Birmingham, AL. “Campbell encouraged the audience on Saturday to act after police at the club said things were getting out of control. Earlier, some of Campbell’s women dancers stripped down to G-strings and simulated sex.”
● Arrested in 1999 on assault charges for striking a college student, 18, in the face with a bottle of Jack Daniel’s at a club in Miami Beach. “The victim apparently was blocking Mr. Campbell’s view of a show…Words were exchanged, so Mr. Campbell took the bottle of whiskey and struck the victim.”
● Pleaded guilty in 2003 to an obscenity charge for a performance at a North Charleston nightclub the previous year. “The Miami-based rapper pleaded guilty last month [Oct. 2003] to aiding and abetting another person to expose body parts in a lewd and lascivious manner..” Dorchester County prosecutor Walter Bailey told AP, “That might go over in South Beach, or wherever he’s from, but it not going to fly in Dorchester County.”
● Arrested in 2009 for not paying child support:
Albums | Videos
|ALBUM: I Got Shit on My Mind (1992)
– Song: “Pussy Ass Kid and Hoe Ass Play (Payback is a Mutha Fucker)”
– Song: “I Ain’t Bullshittin’, Pt. 4”
– Song: “Ain’t That a Bitch, Pt. 1”
– Song: “Head, Head and More Head”
– Song: “Ain’t That a Bitch, Pt. 2”
|ALBUM: In the Nude (1993)
– Song: “We’re Fuckin'”
– Song: “Pimple on My Dick”
– Song: “Stop Looking at My Dick”
|ALBUM: Somethin’ Nasty (2001)
Nearly half the song titles on this album have names of genitalia or sexual acts:
– Song: “Suck This Dick”
– Song: “Hoes”
– Song: “Eat the Pussy”
– Song: “We Want Big Dick”
|ALBUM: My Life & Freaky Times (2006)
– Song: “Pop That Pussy”
– Song: “South Beach Bitches”
– Song: “Foreplay aka the Introduction”
– Song: “Hoes and Stage Shows”
Campbell is rashly throwing empty slogans around without being challenged by reporters.
● Wants to open strip clubs everywhere.
● Wants to tax strippers.
● Wants more parks.
|Luther “Luke” Campbell
talks strippers, weed, gambling
at his “press conference.”
Is he serious? Or is this a publicity stunt à la Donald Trump?
Who knows, but here are his campaign records:
● Qualifying documents
● Campaign finances
Campbell peddles hate, division, and misinformation via his newspaper column. The media are propping him up as a changed man, but Campbell’s bad-boy-days are not over. These days he writes a column for the Miami New Times where he disregards facts, hustles hate, and misinformation. His columns start with this self-promoting subheading: “Uncle Luke, the man whose booty-shaking madness once made the U.S. Supreme Court stand up for free speech, gets as nasty as he wants to be for Miami New Times.” Does Campbell ever think how his words can negatively influence young minds that he claims he cares so much about?
He claims he “is working for the kids in the inner city and…is dropping knowledge every week with his own column in the New Times.” But here is just a sampling of how divisive and misleading his articles are:
|● CAMPBELL: MARCO RUBIO FIRST NON-WHITE KKK (May 13, 2010)
Marco Rubio will probably go down in history as the first non-white person to join the Ku Klux Klan. The former Florida House speaker has linked up with the good ole boys in North Florida. He wants to represent only the Tea Party Republicans, and in my view, this is just a new name for the KKK.
|Notes to Ponder:
– With this kind of irresponsible words when are we going to get MLK’s colorblind America?
– Where is the proof that Rubio or Tea Partiers belong to the KKK?
– Has Campbell ever attended a Tea Party event or meeting?
– Campbell obviously ignores the Democrats’ racism & intolerance and their racist past.
|● CAMPBELL: THE TEA PARTY IS THE KKK (May 13, 2010)
Look at how Tea Party protesters against the health-care bill behaved this past March 20, when the thing was being debated. They were spitting and shouting “nigger” at several black lawmakers outside the Capitol building. They held up signs painting President Obama as the Devil and called Barney Frank a “faggot.” What more proof do you need? These folks don’t like Obama. The prez could come out saying he is going to lower taxes for the rich, and the Tea Party followers would still hate him. They can’t handle that a black man was elected to the highest office in the nation, so they have a fuck-you attitude.
|Notes to Ponder:
Where is Campbell’s proof? The media and leftists who peddle this lie could never prove this. Many bloggers provided plenty of videos and photos of the event proving Tea Partiers did not yell slurs or spat lawmakers:
– Videos surface of Democrat politician walking through Tea Party protesters, no evidence of any slur.
– Nobody in the crowd calls Jackson any offensive names (Video).
– Media lying about racist attacks on black reps by Tea Party protester.
|● CAMPBELL: RICK SCOTT AND BILL MCCOLLUM WANT TO TURN MIAMI INTO AN IMMIGRATION PRISON (Aug. 5, 2010)
[T]he two Republicans running for the state’s top political post look and act like grand wizards in the Ku Klux Klan. (….)
|Notes to Ponder:
Well, Rick Scott is now Florida’s governor and he hasn’t turned Miami into an immigration prison. Does Campbell want that anyone from around the world can come into the U.S and stay here illegally? Common sense tells you that no nation can handle that. Mexico immigration laws are tougher than ours. Conservatives want legal immigrants.
|● CAMPBELL: PALIN AND BECK KILLED ‘EM IN TUCSON (Jan. 20, 2011)
(Referring to the Arizona Shooting)
People, don’t give Sarah Palin and the Tea Party a pass for their hateful rhetoric. It has energized some very disturbed, racist individuals in this country to shoot and kill innocent people in the name of “Take America Back.” (…)
|Notes to Ponder:
– Blood libel is a widely used term to describe false accusations: “There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim,” explained liberal professor Alan Dershowitz.
– Luther Campbell likes Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan because 20 years ago she wrote a brief saying the album “does not physically excite anyone who hears it, much less arouse a shameful and morbid sexual response.” But, according to Campbell, Palin’s speech incites violence?
– If Campbell becomes mayor will he treat the Tea Party as an extremist militant movement or expel them from the U.S.?
– Democrats also use crosshair maps. Military metaphors are a tradition in American politics.
– ARIZONA SHOOTING: How the Left falsely accused Conservatives (videos).
– Flashback: Death threats against Bush at protests in photos
|It’s easy to sell sex. It’s easy to misbehave and be irreverent. It’s easy to demonize others and to disregard the facts. The difficult part is to be honest, moral and factual.