CARLOS GIMENEZ: RECORD & BIOGRAPHY (Miami-Dade Mayoral Candidate – June 28, 2011)
Posted by FactReal on June 28, 2011
A quick view of this candidate’s experience, position on issues, legislations, votes, campaign finance, etc.
● Was Miami-Dade County commissioner for District 7 from November 2, 2004 through April 12, 2011 when he resigned to run for county mayor.
● Was City of Miami manager from May 2000 to January 2003.
● Spent 25 years with City of Miami Dept. of Fire-Rescue: Started as firefighter at the age of 20. Was Miami’s fire chief the last nine years at the dept. (1991 – 2000)
● Completed his Bachelor’s Degree in public administration in 1999 at Barry University – Miami.
● Will receive a $5 MILLION PENSION Paid by Taxpayers
● Endorsed by Muslims, Gays, and Leftists
● Endorsed by union
● Voted for SLOT MACHINES Contracts
● Voted for Red Light Traffic Cameras
● Wanted More Powers for Commissioners
● Oversaw the Failed Transit System
● Advanced the gay agenda
● Proposed Pay Raises for Commissioners
● Voted against offshore oil drilling
● Proposed Pro-Global Warming resolutions but evidence shows man-made global Warming is a hoax
● Voted for Amnesty for illegals and against SB1070 Arizona law
● Voted against raising property taxes as proposed by then-mayor Carlos Alvarez, 9/23/2010
● Voted against the Marlins ballpark
● Voted to prohibit assault weapons (PDF)
● Voted to tell people what to eat by prohibiting the County from using Trans Fat (PDF)
● Voted to ban Trans Fats in restaurants (PDF)
● Voted “Yes” for Michelle’s Obama intrusive “Obesity” campaign
(Michelle Obama’s Obesity Campaign is a power grab masquerading as a public health crusade)
● Voted for more taxes: To eliminate loop hole preventing property transfers to be taxed (PDF)
Donations to his 2011 campaign for Miami-Dade County Mayor:
● Via Miami-Dade Election Department’s Voter Focus
Donations to his campaigns for Miami-Dade County Commissioner:
● 2004 | 2008