HISTORY: Clinton’s Inactions Led to 9/11 Attacks
Posted by FactReal on September 11, 2012
|History shows that Democrat Bill Clinton during his presidency (1/20/1993 thru 1/20/2001) failed to respond to terrorist attacks. He was more concerned with his image and sex scandals than protecting this nation. Clinton’s dereliction of duty and conscious negligence only emboldened the Islamic terrorists.
|After each attack Clinton decided to do nothing, unless it advanced his popularity or distracted Americans from his domestic problems:
● In February 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed by Muslim fanatics, killing five people and injuring hundreds.
● In October 1993, 18 American troops were killed in a savage firefight in Somalia. The body of one American was dragged through the streets of Mogadishu as the Somalian hordes cheered. Clinton responded by calling off the hunt for Mohammed Farrah Aidid and ordering our troops home. Osama bin Laden later told ABC News: “The youth…realized more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat.”
● In November 1995, five Americans were killed and 30 wounded by a car bomb in Saudi Arabia set by Muslim extremists.
● In June 1996, a U.S. Air Force housing complex in Saudi Arabia was bombed by Muslim extremists.
● Months later, Saddam attacked the Kurdish-controlled city of Erbil.
Clinton, advised by Dick Clarke, lobbed some bombs into Iraq hundreds of miles from Saddam’s forces.
● In November 1997, Iraq refused to allow U.N. weapons inspections to do their jobs and threatened to shoot down a U.S. U-2 spy plane.
● In February 1998, Clinton threatened to bomb Iraq, but called it off when the United Nations said no.
● On Aug. 7, 1998, U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim extremists.
● On Aug. 20, Monica Lewinsky appeared for the second time to testify before the grand jury. Clinton responded by bombing Afghanistan and Sudan, severely damaging a camel and an aspirin factory.
On Dec. 16, the House of Representatives prepared to impeach Clinton the next day. Clinton retaliated by ordering major air strikes against Iraq, described by the New York Times as “by far the largest military action in Iraq since the end of the Gulf War in 1991.”
● The only time Clinton decided to go to war with anyone in the vicinity of Muslim fanatics was in 1999 – when Clinton attacked Serbians who were fighting Islamic fanatics.
● In October 2000, our warship, the USS Cole, was attacked by Muslim extremists.
Clinton did nothing.