LIST: 10 Obama Regulations Killing our Energy Economy
Posted by FactReal on October 2, 2012
|OBAMA’S BIG GOVERNMENT & EXCESSIVE REGULATIONS
ARE KILLING OUR ECONOMY
|The Foundry has compiled 10 of the “most troubling energy and environmental regulations implemented or proposed by the Obama Administration.”
Here is a summary: (Detailed list here)
1. Slowing energy production on federal lands as a result of a molasses-like permitting and moratoriums.
2. Failing to open America’s federal lands and waters to exploration and development.
3. Delaying a decision on Keystone XL pipeline which would bring up to 830,000 barrels of oil per day from Canada to the U.S.
4. Tripling down on energy subsidies which merely concentrate power in Washington, shift labor and capital away from economically viable projects, and perpetuate mediocrity.
5. Stifling all energy projects in red tape and endless lawsuits from environmental activists.
6. Shutting down coal which could provide electricity for 500 years.
7. Giving extreme and unprecedented power to the EPA.
8. Threatening hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”) with unnecessary regulations even though fracking has been successfully used in over 1 million wells in the U.S. for more than 60 years.
9. Shutting down Yucca Mountain despite data indicating that Yucca would be a safe place to store America’s used nuclear fuel. Absent any nuclear waste disposal options, the U.S. simply will not significantly expand nuclear energy.
10. Attacking consumer choice with mandates for new automobile efficiency standards.