Obama: “Absolutely No Regrets for Ignoring Economy for First Two Years”
Posted by FactReal on October 24, 2012
The Obama campaign has finally released the transcript of his endorsement interview with the Des Moines Register–and it is clear why they were reluctant to do so: the President says he has “absolutely” no regrets about ignoring the economy during the first two years of his term, when Democrats controlled Congress.
Here is the key part of the exchange:
Q: Yes, that begs a question from us, Mr. President. Some say you had a super majority in your first two years and had this incredible opportunity, but because of what you were talking about, as you were running, you had to go to get Obamacare done. Do you have any regrets taking on some of the economic issues, some of the issues that we’re talking about for your second term, that when you had the chance, so to speak, during your first — do you have any regrets that you didn’t do that at that time?
THE PRESIDENT: Absolutely not, Laura.
– Obama Era: Income Down, Poverty Up (CBS report)
– Obama Era: Incomes Down, Prices Up (Graph)
– Food Stamps Recipients Doubled after Obama Suspended Welfare Work Requirement
– Treasury Dept: Obama Added $6 Trillion to US Debt in 4 Years; Bush $4.9 Trillion in 8 years
– Obama’s $16 Trillion Debt…a 60% Increase in 4 Years (Videos)
– Obama Pays Women Staff Less than Men
– Obama Lied! Planned Parenthood does NOT Provide Mammograms
– LIST: 10 Obama Regulations Killing our Energy Economy
– LIST: Michelle Obama’s Vacations (Video)