2012 FLORIDA ELECTIONS: Amendments, Voter Guides…for November 6, 2012 (Updated)
Posted by FactReal on October 27, 2012
|This post was last updated on Nov. 5, 2012.
|INFORMATION FOR FLORIDA VOTERS
HELPFUL LINKS FOR THE 2012 GENERAL ELECTION:
General Election: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
|2012 FLORIDA CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
VOTER GUIDES – FLORIDA AMENDMENTS
Florida Amendments are Full of Tax Cuts; Leftists Vote ‘NO’ on ALL Amendments, most Christians are calling to vote ‘YES’ on their voter guides:
• Summaries: Florida Family Policy Council (Recommendations), United Christians of Florida
• Analyses: Florida Tax Watch (PDF), James Madison Institute.
• Christians: Florida Family Action, United Christians of Florida
• Conservative: Eagle Forum
• Left-wing: SEIU (Labor Union), Miami Herald, ACLU
(Beware: The League of Women Voters is a liberal group pretending to be nonpartisan)
• Background: Find the sponsors of the bills and the full text of each proposed amendment.
• Financial Impact: How much will each proposed amendment cost to Floridians.
• Index: Changes to Florida Constitution if the proposed constitutional amendments pass (Español)
WHO IS BEHIND THE ADS
Against Florida Amendments:
• Vote No on 8:
Donations: As of 10/12/2012, it has received $1 million from the Public Education Defense Fund.
• Vote No On 6:
Donations: As of 10/12/2012, the group has received $3.2 million in donations. One of the donors is the abortion mill known with the misleading name of Planned Parenthood.
In Favor of Florida Amendments
• Say Yes On 6 (Citizens for Protecting Taxpayers and Parental Rights):
Donations: As of 10/12/2012, the group has received $409,410. Among the donors are: Florida Right to Life, Florida Family Action, and many Catholic groups.
VOTER GUIDES – CANDIDATES
• Pro-Family: Faith & Freedom Coalition, Florida Family Policy Council, Priests For Life, Eagle Forum
• Left-wing: SEIU (Labor Union)
• FACTS: Romney vs. Obama
• Voter Guide: Connie Mack (R) vs. Bill Nelson (D)
VOTER GUIDES – FLORIDA JUDGES
• Florida Family Policy Council
2012 MIAMI-DADE ELECTIONS
• SAMPLE BALLOT
• VOTER GUIDE: Candidates for President, U.S. Senate, U.S. House, Florida House, Florida Senate
• Vote ‘NO’ on the $1.2 Billion BOND for Schools…and Labor Unions
• ALL COUNTY CHARTER AMENDMENTS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
1) Vote ‘YES’ on Term Limit for County Commissioners
2) Editing the Charter’s Titles and Sections
3) Vote ‘NO’ on Commissioners Land Vote
4) Vote ‘NO’ on Creating New Municipalities & Annexations (Details here)
5) Vote ‘NO’ on Bill of Rights
6) Transfer of Power to Commission in Case of Vacancy
7) County Mayoral Conflicts
8) Vote ‘NO’ on Tennis Center at Crandon Park
9) Vote ‘NO’ on Tax Increase for Animal Services (Videos here)
10) Vote ‘YES’ to Reject Terrorist-Related Businesses
FLORIDA’S 26th CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT (FL-26):
Democrat Joe Garcia vs. Republican David Rivera
• FACTS: Joe Garcia, Democrat Candidate for FL-26
• Dem Candidate Joe Garcia Harasses Teachers with Spam Emails
• Voter Guide 1: Rivera (R) vs. Garcia (D)
• Voter Guide 2: Rivera (R) vs. Garcia (D)
CAMPAIGN FINANCING REPORTS
• OpenSecrets: Florida Races: Candidates & Donors
• Federal Election Commission (FEC): Disclosure Reports
• Florida Election Dept: Florida Candidate Tracking System
• Florida State Senators
• Florida State Representatives
• Find you Legislator – Current and New: Before and after the 2012 redistricting.
Once you enter your address or zip code, a new page will appear with the list of your current legislators. On the right panel, you can press the buttons ‘Current’ or ‘New’ to see the map of your current or newly redrawn district. Or go to the maps.
• Redistricting 2012: New Districts in Place for 2012 Elections
• Florida Division of Elections
• Florida Supervisors of Election by County
• Early Voting Sites by County
• Campaign Financing Guides
• Elections Fraud: Information and Hotline number
• Check Your Voter Status
• Glossary of Legislative Terms
• Florida Constitution and Florida Laws and Statuses