Posted by FactReal on June 9, 2011
|FEAR-MONGERING AND TRANSFERING GUILT
Rep. Wasserman Schultz believes that asking for ID prior to voting is racist. She forgets it was Democrats who started the Jim Crow laws and the KKK
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), attacked Republicans for the Voter ID laws trying to stop illegal aliens from voting. She said, Republicans “literally want to drag us…back to Jim Crow.” Democrats like Wasserman Schultz think that it is racist to have safeguards against voter fraud, i.e., laws which require citizens to validate their identity and eligibility prior to voting.
Townhall.com reported that when it comes to voter ID laws, “there is no evidence that the [photo ID] requirement reduces minority participation. In Georgia, where photo IDs became a requirement in 2007, minorities voted in record numbers in 2008 and 2010. Turnout among Hispanic voters jumped 140 percent in the state in 2008 and 42 percent among blacks compared with 2004, a change attributed in part to President Obama’s candidacy. Two years later, in the midterm election, turnout also rose among Hispanics and African-Americans, according to data from the Georgia secretary of state.”
Wasserman Schultz was not only demagoguing the voting ID laws but she was also lying about the Jim Crow laws. She failed to mention that it was Democrats who started the Jim Crow laws. Democrats love to re-write history and transfer their racist past onto Republicans.
||“Now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally – and very transparently – block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote for Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it’s nothing short of that blatant.”
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (Democrat-FL)
on the African-American network TV One’s “Washington Watch” program, 6/5/2011
|DEMOCRATS’ RACIST HISTORY
Democrats and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) don’t want Americans to remember the racist history of the Democrat Party. Even on their DNC website, Democrats have erased their party’s horrific racist record. But Jeffrey Lord on a WSJ article recounted what’s missing on the DNC website about the Democrats’ History:
- There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.
- There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861
- There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.
- There is no reference to “Jim Crow” as in “Jim Crow laws,” nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC’s missing years. These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the “whites only” front section of a bus, the “whites only” designation the direct result of Democrats.
- There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became “a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.” Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease’s description of the Klan as the “terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.”
- There is no reference to the fact Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. The 13th banned slavery. The 14th effectively overturned the infamous 1857 Dred Scott decision (made by Democratic pro-slavery Supreme Court justices) by guaranteeing due process and equal protection to former slaves. The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.
- There is no reference to the fact that Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866. It was passed by the Republican Congress over the veto of President Andrew Johnson, who had been a Democrat before joining Lincoln’s ticket in 1864. The law was designed to provide blacks with the right to own private property, sign contracts, sue and serve as witnesses in a legal proceeding.
- There is no reference to the Democrats’ opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1875. It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations.
- There is no reference to the Democrats’ 1904 platform, which devotes a section to “Sectional and Racial Agitation,” claiming the GOP’s protests against segregation and the denial of voting rights to blacks sought to “revive the dead and hateful race and sectional animosities in any part of our common country,” which in turn “means confusion, distraction of business, and the reopening of wounds now happily healed.”
- There is no reference to four Democratic platforms, 1908-20, that are silent on blacks, segregation, lynching and voting rights as racial problems in the country mount. By contrast the GOP platforms of those years specifically address “Rights of the Negro” (1908), oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928) and, as the New Deal kicks in, speak out about the dangers of making blacks “wards of the state.”
- There is no reference to the Democratic Convention of 1924, known to history as the “Klanbake.” The 103-ballot convention was held in Madison Square Garden. Hundreds of delegates were members of the Ku Klux Klan, the Klan so powerful that a plank condemning Klan violence was defeated outright. To celebrate, the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey directly across the Hudson from the site of the convention. Attended by hundreds of cheering convention delegates, the rally featured burning crosses and calls for violence against African-Americans and Catholics.
- There is no reference to the fact that it was Democrats who segregated the federal government, at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson upon taking office in 1913. There \is a reference to the fact that President Harry Truman integrated the military after World War II.
- There is reference to the fact that Democrats created the Federal Reserve Board, passed labor and child welfare laws, and created Social Security with Wilson’s New Freedom and FDR’s New Deal. There is no mention that these programs were created as the result of an agreement to ignore segregation and the lynching of blacks. Neither is there a reference to the thousands of local officials, state legislators, state governors, U.S. congressmen and U.S. senators who were elected as supporters of slavery and then segregation between 1800 and 1965. Nor is there reference to the deal with the devil that left segregation and lynching as a way of life in return for election support for three post-Civil War Democratic presidents, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt.
- There is no reference that three-fourths of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats, or that 80% of the “nay” vote in the Senate came from Democrats. Certainly there is no reference to the fact that the opposition included future Democratic Senate leader Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member) and Tennessee Senator Albert Gore Sr., father of Vice President Al Gore.
- Last but certainly not least, there is no reference to the fact that Birmingham, Ala., Public Safety Commissioner Bull Connor, who infamously unleashed dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was in fact–yes indeed–a member of both the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan.
Democrats’ Racist Past
Log: Democrats’ Racism and Intolerance
Posted in Left, Racism | Tagged: Democrats, Family, History, Jim Crow, KKK, Life, News, Politics, Racism, Republicans | 1 Comment »
Posted by FactReal on June 30, 2010
|RACIST PAST OF SENATOR ROBERT BYRD
(Hat tip: Glenn Beck show 6/29/2010)
||“When Robert Byrd was a young man, he organized a local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in his hometown of Crab Orchard and at the young age of 24 rose to the high office of “Exalted Cyclops.” He quickly climbed the KKK ranks, ascending all the way to “grand Kleagle,” a powerful recruitment head.”
|MEDIA BIAS: BYRD VS THURMOND
Dem. Robert Byrd vs. GOP’s Strom Thurmond at Death
(Hat tip: IUSBvision)
||“Democrat Senator R. Byrd was in KKK…he confirmed this in his book”
>>More: LOG: DEMOCRATS’ RACISM & INTOLERANCE
>>More: DEMOCRATS’ RACIST PAST
“Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd both voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Thurmond was still a Democrat at the time it passed).”
FACTS: More Democrats opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act:
“…37% of Congressional Democrats were against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, vs. 20% of Republicans in opposition. That’s 63% of Dems, and 80% of Republicans voting for passage.”
>>More: NAACP, NY Times Whitewash Robert Byrd’s Past
Posted in Left, Media, Racism | Tagged: Democrats, Discrimination, GOP, History, KKK, Politics, Racism, Republicans, Robert Byrd | Leave a Comment »
Posted by FactReal on November 5, 2008
report: Democrats: The Ones With The Racist Past
report: Democrat Senator Byrd Was a KKK Member
report: The Democrats’ Missing History
letter: Open Letter To Obama From BlackRepublicans
cartoon: “Simple Sambo” and “Ignorant Mammy”: That’s how Democrats view Blacks
● NY Times syndicated “cartoonist Jeff Danziger depicted Dr. [Condoleeza] Rice as an ignorant, barefoot “mammy”…
● Democrats posted a doctored photograph of Mr. Steele [Former Lieutenant Governor],
depicting him as a “Simple Sambo.” This contemptible racist stereotype is the same one
that Democrats used to demean blacks during the era of slavery and segregation…
● Democrats feel free to display such blatant racism
because they know that they can take the black vote for granted”…more
DO YOU KNOW?….
* Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican.
* Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) that became the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.
* While Republicans fought to end slavery, Democrats fought to expand slavery.
* Democrats opposed these amendments to the Constitution: The 13th banned slavery.
The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote.
* “Jim Crow laws” were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats.
These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and
public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches).
* Republicans passed the civil rights laws in the 1950’s and 1960’s. Democrats objected.
* Democrat Alabama Governor George Wallace in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963
and thundered, “Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.”
* Al Gore’s father along with Democrat Senator Robert Byrd and Democrat Senators
Sam Ervin were a chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
* Democrat President John F. Kennedy had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
* Democrat President John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil Rights Act while
he was a senator, as did Democrat Senator Al Gore, Sr.
* The Democrat Party still has a senator who was a former “Keagle” in the Ku Klux Klan (KKK),
Democrat Senator Robert Byrd.
* Democrat talk show hosts and cartoonists who denigrated Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleeza Rice.
* Democrats threw Oreo cookies (black on the outside and white on the inside) onto the stage
during an appearance of Maryland’s former Lieutenant Governor Michael Steele.
* Two Democrat Sentional Committee who admitted they illegally obtained Michael Steele’s
*Democrat Senator Ted Kennedy who called black Republican judicial nominees
Posted in Left, Racism | Tagged: Democrat, KKK, Racism, Republican | 3 Comments »